Friday, February 01, 2008

Lionbrand Yarn has a Charity Search

Do you use Lion Brand yarn? I've got a ton of it in my stash. Yes, lots of the "real knitters" aka "yarn snobs" will tell you that it's inappropriate for serious knitting. But, let's be real; it's affordable, available, trendy or classic, reliable. Lion has textures and colors that everyone can relate to. They have the traditional basic afghan yarn to the trendy hot colors that come and go faster than a teen changes moods.
Anyway, I never noticed it before, but their website has a whole Charity Search area. You can look up charities several ways. Just type in your location, and how far you're willing to go to send or deliver your craft, and they'll fix you up with a list of what group in your area needs what. Or, you can type in your interest: say "hats", "chemo", "Veterans", "Prison", or "transplant" and it'll search for those words in the name of the organziation and their description and requests lists. In just a couple of minutes, I found seveal nearby ministries that need finished crafts as well as some that are asking for YARN ! So, if you bought tons of Lion yarn when you were first starting out and now you've moved beyond that phase: You could Donate the Yarn. Stash Clearing! What could this do for my OCD-hoarding thing? And now that I'm doing my taxes, I bet it could be a deduction IF I can Document it Properly (Get A Receipt).
Something to think about.
And, while you're there, they have lots of free patterns and even a stitch finder.
Peace - Out........

No comments:

Counter