Monday, February 18, 2008

But, he doesn't want socks. He wants Mitts

Ok, so I'm all excited about the Cat Bordhi Sock book. I'm seeing some stuff in here thats Manly (in a very RenFest way). Remembering the DS that has not received anything knitted in a long time, the one that started all this knitting obsession with his Harry Potter Scarf. And I've found the best hot green yarn in the stash: Cascade Fixation Cotton - bright lime green. I coral the 12 yo DS to have him pick out one of these cool patterns for Socks. I even knit up the first pair of the practice socks; so some baby in the future will receive a very distinctive pair of camo color socks. DS patiently hmms, and well's his way through the Sock Book and then declares that what he really NEEDS is a pair of MITTS ! This yarn is "begging" him to be mitts. So, now what? I've probably started 10 pairs of mitts in the last 3 years. I do fine with the kind that has NO fingers whatsoever, but this time he wants to have the fingers except the tips. He reminded me about the cheap $1 store gloves that we chopped the fingertips off and flame sealed the frayed ends for Halloween. And then he proceeded to wear them for the rest of the winter. He even reminds me that his hands are only going to get bigger, so now would be the easier time to make them. While his hands are still almost as small as mine. Way to make a Mom feel Old.
Yep, no time like the present. Green Mitts it is.


No comments:

Counter