Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Is Bamboo an Earth Friendly or "Green" Yarn?


I'm looking forward to spring. I am really ready for this winter to be over!
Every once in a while, we have a somewhat nice day and I venture outside.
Several years ago, we planted bamboo, and it's getting to the stage where it could be harvested without damaging the planting.
And, I've been reading a lot about Bamboo Yarn. So, I decided to look up what it takes to make bamboo into yarn. Might come in handy if I'm ever on Survivor, right?
Anyway, I found some pretty scary stuff out there when they try to describe the process. And, it seems to be a pretty industrially intensive process. Something requiring some pretty exotic sounding chemicals and some expensive sounding machines. I'll keep looking though.
Let me know if you know how this really happens.



No comments:

Counter