Monday, March 17, 2008

Knitting Cables with out a Cable - Thanks Grumperina

Today, in honor of St Patrick's Day, I cast on a headband / ear warmer. It's Bernat Softee Chunky in Med Sea Green. It's what crawled to the top of the stash when I opened the door. Or, I should say it's the first Green that caught my eye. So, I cast on 13 stitches by chain stitch through the back loop. I'm using a 16" size 8 circular needle, probably too small as the ball band recommends a size 10. But, I like to live dangerously ! The plan is to do a k1, p1 at each edge and then do a 9 stitch braided cable in the middle. So, I started surfing and found the Grumperina Cabling with out a Cable Needle page. This is absolutely the best way to practice this and see if I like it. So far, it's going great. Thanks Grumperina.


No comments:

Counter