Friday, March 07, 2008

Wherefore art thou, Socktopia?

Does't yea know what happened to Socktopia?
I'm getting a "this might be for sale" message when I go there.
I was searching for scale-ish knit stitches, and happened to find a lot of references on other blogs to Socktopia.
I totally missed the Harry Potter series, and am searching high and low for "dragon scale" like knitting patterns. The photos I'm seeing online are absolutely awesome!
How did I miss this? I had a pretty serious LACE phase last year. Maybe it was during all that. I got caught up in Peacock Feather lace, and totally lost track of time and space.
There is just sooooo much cool stuff out there, how is one to keep up with it all?
Let me know if you know where I can catch up to the patterns or Socktopia.
TIA everybody...........
Ruby

2 comments:

Monique said...

Awhile ago I heard that she was very sick and then tonight I did a google search for socktopia and came across a post saying that she had died beginning of February. I am sitting here rather dumbstruck as I cannot believe it. I was just admiring a few patterns of hers that I have and wanted to see if she had any new ones out. She was a extremely talented woman and it is a sad loss to the knitting community.

Monique said...

Blogger seems to be having troubles but let me try repost this quick although I am sure that you found out by now but MommaMonkey passed away I think round about beginning of February.

Counter