Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Technology is not always my friend.......

I'm having some issues here lately, and technology is NOT always my friend.  Quite a lot of the photos that were part of my blog posts have disappeared.  Vanished.  Cyber-invisible. 
Where did they go?
My DH got a really great song downloaded, but I can't listen to it because his i-dud has a glitch.
And, the internet bandwidth available seems to be shrinking as much as the waistband in my pants.  It seemed like we would have plenty of access when I upgraded from the "rocky-limestone" plan to the "pie-in-the-sky" plan that costs more each month than the car payment was on my first car.
Then, there's the Unlimited access phone plans that I've been shelling out for on 3 of the 5 cell phones based in my household.  Turns out that "lifetime guarantee" contract wasn't talking about My lifetime.
Like so many other things in life, they get you hooked and dependent on them, and then they go and change everything.
I remember an Auntie that didn't trust those utility companies to keep delivering the gas and electricity.  She kept her wood cook stove for a good 20 years after her kids tried to haul it off.  The wood was dependable.  Nobody could shut that off!
And there was a Granny-Aunt in the family that didn't trust those people that delivered milk to your door.  It just made too much sense to have it bein' produced in your own barn where you knew what was what.  And then they stopped delivering milk, and you had to drive clear in to town to get it.  And nobody had Real Cream anymore.... 
Hmmmm, maybe they were right???
I'm beginning to think that it is just possible that it is all a conspiracy.

No comments:

Counter