Monday, January 28, 2008

Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Wow, You Rule Stephanie!
I've had this book for quite a while, and had looked up some specific, and very helpful, tips in it.
But, until this weekend, I had not actually tried to read it cover to cover.
I couldn't put it down. Well, except to knit.
My bedmate got pretty peeved over my laughing in bed (at the book). And I'm sure that having to move the knitting needles to get into the bed hadn't exactly set the mood.
I just couldn't help it.
Now I know that I'm not alone.
I'm not the only one that is this obsessed with knitting.
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee know what's in my heart and soul. She writes what I wish I could express to those people that look at me "that way". I wish my significant other would read this and understand. But, Stephanie's right, non-knitters just don't get it.
According to her statistics though, about 15% of the population is a knitter to some degree - so they should "get it". I think a lot of them are just afraid to admit that they wish they were brave enough ( or ADHD enough ) to knit everywhere they go too.

No comments:

Counter