Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Well, on to the next adventure:

What's next?
I've inherited a Reeves 1977 spinning wheel. In Solid Cherry Wood, the bottom of the treadle is signed.
So, never having used a spinning wheel before, I'm off on a new learning adventure.
I've done a little surfing and researching to find out that it's a "Saxony" wheel, I think.

I'm not even sure that we got the thing put back together right.
Does the string/belt thingy go around once, or twice?
Is there any chance that this string that's with it is actually the right length?
I think the wheel might be on backwards.
And the treadle has one end of the "axel" broken off and missing.
I did glue the "flyer" back together and I think it'll hold until I know more about what I'm doing.

Updates later..........

No comments:

Counter