Thursday, April 17, 2008

Choo Choo Knits goes the way of MacGyver


I was reading Choo Choo Knits retelling of her devastating Harmony needles accident. (You've got to go there and read it yourself: http://choochooknits.blogspot.com/2008/04/dont-make-me-go-all-macgyver-on-your-as.html

And, my reaction was: Good for You !
Nothing should get in the way of Knitting. Kind of like mailmen used to be "Neither rain, nor snow..." before they became Postal Workers.
MacGyver is one of my heroes. I even got the DVD collection and watched back to back with my DS2, he's 12, on a snowy weekend.
I watch Survivor with DD2, a lot, and we used to talk about how I would take knitting stuff as my luxury item. But now the Survivors don't get to pick what they take with them. The producers have taken to dropping them off at their destination during what is supposed to be a "photo-shoot" and things like that. Very "three hour tour"ish. Any way, we sit there watching, and knitting, and figuring out how we could make knitting tools and come up with fiber to knit. Even more extreme than MacGyver.
When an unnamed airline took away my knitting, I practiced knitting (on the plane) with airline supplied tooth-picks and dental floss from my carry on. If they hadn't supplied tooth-picks, I might have been trying those little pre-flossed tooth cleaner gizmos my dentist keeps giving me in my "good patient" baggie.
My seat-mates thought I had really lost my mind. But, I figured I'll never see them again.
I had a very nice Christmas Snowflake decoration by the time I got home.

We shall overcome!

PS: I had a Stamped self addressed bubblewrap and cardboard envelope to send home my precious Addi turbos. And, not thinking Survivorish at the time, I put my UFO in my checked luggage. Had I been thinking more clearly, I might have realized that it would have been better to put the Addi's in the luggage with the UFO Still ON Them ! But, in the end it was a wise decision because the Snail Mail envelope got to my home before my lost luggage did!

PSS: everytime I try to add Addi as a Label for this Post, it tries to insert Addicted ! Coincidence? I think Not !

No comments:

Counter